Work for Clients
Kelly A. Heard joined the firm as an associate in 2018. She practices primarily in the areas of real estate law and civil litigation. Prior to joining the firm, Kelly was an assistant district attorney for the Worcester County District Attorney’s Office where she prosecuted major felonies and firearms cases in Worcester District Court and Worcester Superior Court.
Professional Activities & Affiliations
Kelly is a member of the Florida Bar. At Miami Law, Kelly was Editor-in-Chief of the University of Miami Law Review. Her article, The Impact of Preemption in the NFL Concussion Litigation, was published in the Law Review’s 68th Volume. During law school, Kelly held internships with the Worcester County District Attorney’s Office, the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Florida, the Honorable Peter R. Palermo of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, the Miami Law Innocence Clinic, and the Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office. Prior to law school, Kelly worked for The Kraft Group in Foxborough, Massachusetts.
- The Impact of Preemption in the NFL Concussion Litigation, 68 U. Miami Law Review 221 (2013)
- B.S., Boston University, 2006
- M.S., University of Massachusetts, Amherst, 2008
- J.D. (cum laude), University of Miami School of Law, 2014
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts