In nearly every business, employees are simultaneously the most important asset and a constant source of legal concern due to ever-changing and increasing state and federal regulations. Our firm provides legal consultation and representation from concerns generated at the pre-hiring stage to the post-separation stage and on every legal and practical issue in between. Our clients range from businesses with a few part-time employees to those with several hundred employees.
Because there are so many laws, rules, and regulations governing how you and your employees interact, we make it our goal to provide you with timely and accurate legal counsel in the planning and preparatory stages of employee relations as well as during those moments of unavoidable crisis that sometimes arise.
If you are involved in an employment related legal dispute, we can provide aggressive and thorough representation at all levels from administrative agency hearings to the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts and in the Federal courts. We fight for your rights as an employer and protect you from legal claims asserted against you.
Our firm provides employment law services including:
- Advertising and application compliance
- Drug, medical, physical, and mental testing
- Employment, non-competition, and non-solicitation agreements
- Trade secret and confidential business information agreements
- Wage, hour, and overtime compliance
- Leave Issues (Military, Maternity, Jury Duty, Medical)
- Independent contractor compliance
- Employee classification
- Health Insurance Reform Compliance
- Anti-discrimination, ADA, FMLA, and other government regulation
- Handbooks and Personnel Policies
- Employer sponsored Visas
- Termination and layoff procedures and agreements
- Enforcement of non-competition, non-solicitation, confidentiality agreements
- Litigation before state and federal agencies and courts
If you have an employment issue that requires experienced counsel, contact us now.